Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Taxis

Taxis here drive me absolutely insane. Since I don´t drive, I depend on metro for work and metro friendly locations, but other than that I´m at the mercy of those taxi drivers that doesn't know where anything is.

Dubai is a weird, and often uncomfortable place, in that society is very divided. So, by virtue of complaining about the taxis, I am by default ragging on the immigrants that come here to work and make money and do so by learning English and getting a taxi licence. That's a whole other story that I'll look into someday and obviously not what I'm against but what would be nice if taxi drivers actually knew some of the geography of the city.

In a city that was created a mere 40 years ago and changes constantly, this is clearly a monumental task but what Dubai should do is invest some of their considerable resources in an GPS that has every building and location programmed into it. Dubai's practically a village anyway, they should think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment